Jesus said that whenever we help someone in need we are helping Him! As Christians, we stand with our brothers and sisters who are hungry, homeless and hurting and walk with them so they know they are not alone.
That’s why we are asking everyone who takes part in the Family Faith Fest to bring a food donation that will make a difference in someone’s life who is served by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Catholic Charities serves over 100,000 meals each year. We are only able to feed our many homeless or low-income clients through the kindness of generous people like you. Your gift of non-perishable items or canned goods will not only eliminate hunger for those in need but will also bring them hope in their time of need. Your donation of food will go to assist people being housed and helped by the following Catholic Charities ministries:
- Pinellas Hope – adult homeless shelter in Clearwater (Pinellas County)
- Mercy House, a home for HIV/AIDS positive mothers and their children located in Tampa (Hillsborough County)
- Pasco Women’s Shelter in Hudson and Bethany Family Apartments in Dade City (Pasco County)
- Citrus County Outreach Center Soup Kitchen in Homosassa (Citrus County)
Please bring any combination of the food items listed below:
- canned vegetables, fruits and soup
- boxed & bagged [dried] pasta and rice
- peanut butter and jelly
- instant coffee and breakfasts (oatmeal)
- breakfast cereal
- cookies and crackers
- dried fruits and nuts
- shelf-stable drinks (like Gatorade)